How to Ace Your A-Levels

• Written to help you achieve top grades at A-level

• People only fail because they were never taught in school how to pass exams and revise properly

• How to Ace Your A-levels challenges your assumptions about learning and hard work

• If you follow the advice in this book, you will get the A-level grades you desire

Why buy How to Ace Your A-Levels?

• Detailed guidance on revision timetables and revision methods telling you exactly what to do to get into the University you want

• Discussions on important, often ignored areas such as revision styles, mind set, behaviour and motivation

• A proven three step plan to help you achieve top grades (method, study cycle and motivation)

• Realistic, honest, and straightforward advice on how to ACE your A-levels from authors who have done it themselves

Who are the authors?

• Anshul Raja – a financial markets trader, who left UCL with a first class honours degree and a certificate of academic excellence by the Dean of students

• Minesh Karia – a medical doctor with a BMedSc in Psychological Medicine

Where can I buy the book?

• The book is available on  Amazon in Paperback and on Kindle

buy now 2

• ACE Your A-Levels is also available to order internationally, simply visit our online store

International Store Button

Testimonials & reviews…

image_21

photo

image_16

Scepticism to addiction

For more reviews, check out the comments section below or our testimonials page.

Free kindle reading app button

349 Comments on “How to Ace Your A-Levels”

1. Jj mooney says:

Hi,

I’ve just finished my 1st layer for bio doing between 5 and 8 sides a day. But I had a class test last week and got an E- just above 40%! Is this normal? I was aiming for at least 50-60%. After another 2 layers will my grade come up or have I gone wrong and need to go over things again?

Also because of my class test my teacher doesn’t think I’m capable of an A now so don’t think they’ll predict me an A. Could I still get offers from the unis that want A’s in bio despite my teacher predicting me a B/C. Thanks

• Manjot says:

Are you talking about your first layer for A2 or your Resit? How could you possibly go that first. One reason you might have not done well in the test is probably because when you did 5-8 sides a day, you only learned the work and didnt really understand it. Cause otherwise it would make no sense as to how you didnt do good in your test. Im also doing A2 Biology, but how are you still covering all this work so fast??

• Jj mooney says:

Hi, I’m talking about my A2. My text book for biology only has 37 sides and I’ve been working on it for almost 3 weeks that’s how I’ve got through it fast. What exam board do you do? I thought I understood the work but I clearly don’t so not sure whether to re do the first layer.

• Manjot says:

Im Doing WJEC, its a pretty big book. Also maybe you should try and take it more slowly, because what your doing should really be done in the second layer. You’re supposed to go slow in the first layer, Making sure you understand every single point.

• Manjot says:

BTW, you hitting 40 % is normal. Are you doing full past papers or class tests? Because as you said, after you complete your second layer, your marks will increase just give it time. Hitting 40 % now. You can easily get that to 80% + by the time your exams come. Just look at how long you have left 🙂

• anshulraja1 says:

Hi JJ,

Doing a test so soon after doing the first layer should get you 60-70%+. What did you find difficult in the test? Recalling information? Did you recognise the topics that the questions were asking about?

Raja

• Jj mooney says:

Hi,
        It was a class test so it was only on one topic. It was all the biochemistry stuff and I found it really hard. I couldn’t recall much info but it was the first topic I revised so thought I might have forgotten it. I don’t do Chemistry either so found it hard understaning the topic too. Should I re do my 1st layer and just do less pages and take it slower?

• Jj mooney says:

Hi,

I sent pictures of my textbook on facebook through a friends account. And yes Manjot I do wjec, hope you did good in your class test.

• anshulraja1 says:

Ok I’ll take a look and get back to you

• Manjot says:

Hi, yes I had 2 class tests. One on respiration from by4. And one on genetic code and cell division from BY5. I havent had my mark for the respiration ome but for the other one I scored 74% and I made some silly mistakes here and there.. just make sure you understand everything about the topic. Myself, I ask my teachers questions every lesson just to make sure. And we always do past papers so make sure you hit those papers before your topic test. My best of luck to you. I will be applying for pharmacy this year 🙂
          PS. One of my teachers is doing BY4 and the other is doing BY5 at the same time.

2. cagla says:

Hi raja,

When is the deadline for UCAS applications? I am unaware of the timetable and all the procedure. What happens if I am late?

• Pippa says:

15th of jan is the very last day, but if you actually want to have a good chance of getting offers youbahould apply before, maybe december at the latest. If you miss this deadline the universities will most likely not look at your application, that is if UCAS even agree to send it off.

3. Arron says:

Hi Raja,

First of all your E-book is EXTREMELY HELPFUL. I am a month in my AS-Levels in subjects Maths, Physics, and Chemistry and the scribble technique is making me remember stuff a easily. How would you recommend me to do the layer technique starting from now, rather then the 80 day example in your book?

4. Pippa says:

* you should

5. ryan keogan says:

Just read through first time and gave me allot of motivation although i am a little confused with the techniques.With repetition am I just going through the text book using the scribble method ? Also with the scribble method when I write down after 2 sides of reading , what if I get it wrong do I then read again till I get it right ?

• anshulraja1 says:

Hi Ryan,

Yes that’s correct – work your way through each exam board text book using the scribble technique. For the first layer, I recommend doing the scribble technique twice for each page and 3 times if you really need to. If reading 1 side at time is difficult you can always split each side into smaller chunks.

I hope this helps!

Raja

6. Abdul Morrison says:

Hi Raja,
    Thank you so much for your revision methods in your book.I am currently in my A2 year and doing a level intensive program. Your revision methods have been really helping me with Biology and Psychology. However with Chemistry, I am still struggling to understand recall certain information in my tests, Any advice?

Abdul

• anshulraja1 says:

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reading our book! Chemistry can sometimes be a tricky one as it requires a good understanding of certain concepts. The scribble technique will help you mostly with those short answer questions where you just need to recall facts. However, when you get to the more complex parts of Chemistry understanding the material becomes very important. This can only be done through practice and continuously hammering away at the complicated topics. I remember having a tough time with complicated mole calculations and it took a while to properly understand what to do. Eventually, I went to my teacher and just said “look I’m usually good at figuring this stuff out on my own but I can’t for the life of me understand this. Can you please break it down in complete lamens terms and give me a step by step procedure on how to do these mole calculations?” My teacher did just that and I eventually got it. Long story short – this isn’t a subject that can be blagged. If you don’t understand something don’t get put off and skip over it. Persevere, look at explanations on websites/revision guides, ask your teachers and practice questions. Even if it takes a day to fully understand a concept that’s fine. It will be worth it.

I hope this helps!

Raja

7. Wale says:

I really want to get this book but I am finding it difficult to do because the website isn’t showing what I want t see. And I want a hard copy not using the kindle app, please I need help.